Memorial Day Weekend 2017
5 Days, 5/25 - 5/29 $750/Person - Tuition Only $825/Person - Tuition + Lodging COURSE FULL - WAITLIST AVAILABLE
Devil’s Lake Climbing Guides partners with Wilderness Medical Associates to offer a 5-day Wilderness First Responder Course (WFR) over Memorial Day weekend. The WFR certification is the gold-standard in medical certifications for outdoor enthusiasts and professionals. Typically offered in a 8-day format, the 5-day Wilderness First Responder course requires students to undertake an increased amount of reading and homework prior to the classroom portion of the course. In exchange, students will complete the course in much less time, making it easier for those with busy schedules to attend. For complete curriculum details, please see the Wilderness Medical Associates website.
- $150 deposit required at booking
- $750 for tuition only
- $825 for tuition + bunk-style lodging
- Full-payment due by Monday, May 1st
- COURSE FULL - WAITLIST AVAILABLE
Bunk-style lodging (male and female dorms) with heat, AC, bathrooms and showers is available with course enrollment. All students will have access to full kitchen facilities, enabling inexpensive food costs for those who bring groceries.
- All course materials, rescue equipment, and instruction
- Optional: Five nights lodging (5/24 thru 5/28)
- MacKenzie Center in Poynette, Wisconsin, just 25 miles north of Madison. The MacKenzie Center is one of the most diverse education centers in Wisconsin, with interpretive trails, exhibits, museums showcasing the early history of conservation here. The State Game Farm is connected to the MacKenzie Center and is adjacent to the arboretum on the western half of the property.