Evenings from $65/person
Rappelling (a.k.a. sliding down a rope) is a bread-and-butter skill for any climber, mountaineer, or canyoneer. Devils Lake is chock-full of gorgeous cliffs in a great variety of heights, so it's a fantastic place to learn and practice rappelling.
This course teaches you how to build your own rappel anchor, set up the ropes, and rappel 20- to 100-feet (you choose!) on your own, under your guide's supervision. Participants love learning and using new skills in such a short time period. A great date idea.
This is a 2.5 to 3-hour course we love to do in the evenings as a sunset trip. Other times may be available; please inquire.
- Experienced, certified climbing instructor
- Harness and helmet
- All technical equipment
- 3 hours of instruction in rappelling & rigging
- Enjoy the evening light atop the high bluffs at Devils Lake
- Learn the knots and rigging techniques to build rappelling anchors
- Rappel cliffs 20 - 100 feet high under the supervision of your guide