AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course & Assessment
Three-Day SPI Course - $565
$150 deposit to register, full payment due by May 1st
The AMGA Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) course teaches rock climbing instructors professional-level risk management and instructional approaches for the single-pitch environment. The course is ideally suited for instructors in a variety of contexts:
- current professional or institutional guides/teachers/instructors working primarily in top rope or single pitch terrain
- climbers aspiring to work commercially as rock climbing guides and/or instructors
- climbing instructors or supervisors for public schools, universities, parks & rec or other other institutional climbing programs
- Boy and Girls Scout leaders or merit badge counselors
- recreational rock climbers wishing to improve safety and efficiency in single pitch terrain
The SPI does not specifically address lead, multi-pitch, or other complex climbing or approach and descent environments, but is designed to fit into the larger AMGA Rock progam. For information on prerequisites, required gear, and other course details, please see the AMGA website.
2017 SPI Course Dates:
Thursday thru Saturday, 5/25 - 5/27 - FULL
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Assessment
Two-Day SPI Assessment - $375
$100 deposit to register, full payment due May 1st
The SPI Assessment is optional and separate from the SPI Course. The Assessment is for graduates of the SPI Course who feel they have mastered the Course skills and are ready to prove competence. The AMGA highly recommends SPI Course candidates take time practicing and consolidating skills learned on the course before assessment (6-12 months).
For information on prerequisites, required gear, and other course details, please see the AMGA website.
2017 SPI Assessment Dates:
Sunday and Monday, 5/28 - 5/29 - FULL
If you are interested in taking an SPI course and would like to be notified of upcoming opportunities, please contact us to get on the interest list. Thanks!